News and Announcements
Oceanside Softball is please to announce that we will be hosting NCCP Coaching Comp- Intro Weekend One and Coaching Comp Intro Weekend Two.
Bryan Sask and Jacquelyn Novak are confirmed as the facilitators for these clinics March 24-25.
Coach Mentoring Program with Team Canada Coaches
Oceanside Softball coach mentoring program, during our annual Spring Indoor Softball Camp at Arbutus Meadows March 23 to 25, 2017. This program is open to parents and coaches wanting to work and learn with the National Team Coaches.
Softball is in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and the current coaching staff for the Canadian National Team will be the headline coaches for the Oceanside Softball Development Camp this year.
Coaches will get to shadow and work along side the current Canada National Team Coaches.
Friday, January 19th, Vancouver Island (6-9pm) @ Arbutus Meadows
Rage is hosting tryouts for our U14B Female Softball team. We welcome any girls born in 2005 and 2004 to try out for a season of building skills, team, work ethic and overall fun!
There will be an optional practice on January 5, 2018, to allow the girls to loosen up and get back into the swing of things. Tryouts will be held January 12 and 19 at Arbutus Meadows. All times are 5:30-7:30. The cost for attending these sessions is $30 (total) and will be collected at practice/tryout if you haven’t already covered this cost.
We will have more info to share with parents on January 12 re: commitment, cost, fundraising, expectations.
If you have questions, please contact Greg Jorgenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Softball BC is hosting the Softball Canada Softball Summit in January 2018. : https://softball.ca/summit.
The 2018 Softball Summit will take place from January 12-13, 2018 in Richmond, BC bringing coaches, administrators and other softball enthusiasts together in one place. In addition, participants registering for the full event will also be registered for the BC Sport Leadership Conference on January 14th. Softball Canada and Softball BC are pleased to be able to offer three (3) streams for the Softball Summit to ensure each participant receives professional development that is relevant to them.
· The Competitive Coach stream is for coaches working with teams who are participating in Provincial Championships leading to Regional (i.e. Western Canadian Championships) and/or Canadian Championships. The players on these teams are training regularly, involved in high level competition and are on the high performance pathway.
· The Community Coach stream is for coaches working with teams who may be participating in local tournaments and/or Provincial Championships. The players on these teams enjoy the challenge and the social aspect of the sport through lifelong participation in recreational softball.
· The Club stream is for club executive or board members who are leaders for their local softball association. This stream will help your club improve how they operate ensuring they can offer the best programming for their athletes.
Group Rate: A group rate for 5 or more coaches is available ($199). If you would like to register 5 or more coaches for the Full Softball Summit, please contact Lesley Rowe at Softball BC (email@example.com or 604-371-0302, x-2). Do not use the online registration process. Note: To be able to select this option, all 5 or more coaches must be registered at the same time with one payment for all.
The following are the registration fees for the Softball Summit:
· Early Bird Full Competitive Coach Softball Summit (Friday Night & Saturday) & BC Sport Leadership Conference Registration (Sunday): $199 – Available only to the 1st 50 registrations
· Full Competitive Coach Softball Summit & BC Sport Leadership Conference Registration (Sunday): $235
· Community Coach Registration (Saturday Only): $99
· Community Coach Registration (Friday Night & Saturday): $125
· Early Bird Full Community Coach Softball Summit (Friday Night & Saturday) & BC Sport Leadership Conference Registration (Sunday): $199 - Available only to the 1st 50 registrations
· Full Community Coach Softball Summit (Friday Night & Saturday) & BC Sport Leadership Conference Registration (Sunday): $235
· Club Summit Registration (Saturday only): $99
· Club Summit Registration (Friday Night & Saturday): $125
· Early Bird Full Club Summit (Friday Night & Saturday) & BC Sport Leadership Conference Registration (Sunday): $199 - Available only to the 1st 50 registrations
· Full Club Summit & BC Sport Leadership Conference Registration: $235
· Student (18 & Under) Softball Summit Registration (Saturday only): $80
U12B Rep tryout Sunday Dec 10th at Oliver Woods. Girls born in 2006 and 2007 interested in developing their softball skills in an competitive and fun team atmosphere are invited to attend. Nanaimo Breakers will be hosting this 1 day tryout to finalize the 2018 team roster. Rep softball involves skills development in the Gym during the winter to prepare for the upcoming 2018 season. The team will play in tournaments on the island and lower mainland. Please email the coach at Chris.NanaimoBreakers@gmail.com to confirm attendance. Please bring Glove, runners and water bottle.
Location: Oliver Woods Gym, Nanaimo
Date / Time: Sunday Dec. 10th 8:45 to 10:15 am